2022 C4 National Convention
October 27 – 29, 2022
Much of the information below is tentative (other than the Convention dates), pending finalization or confirmation by various parties. We will update the site as details are finalized.
The 29th annual C4 Convention is scheduled for October 27 – 29, 2022. C4 once again has a full schedule of events planned. It starts with the reception on Thursday evening (see below).
After the reception, the doors will open for the Eric P. Newman Memorial Lectureship Series presentations. Again this year we plan to record the presentations and post them to the C4 website and YouTube.
C4 Convention/Whitman Expo Show Schedule (as per Whitman’s website)
- Public Bourse Floor Hours
Thursday October 27th – 12 to 6 PM
Friday October 28th – 10 AM to 6 PM
Saturday October 29th – 10 AM to 5 PM
- C4 Club Table is # pending
Please see link below for Bourse Floor Plan
- Thursday October 27th – 6 PM, Harborside Room at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel.
- Tickets are $25 per person, and will be available at the C4 table on the bourse, or at the door.
2022 C4 Convention Educational Programs:
- Eric P. Newman Memorial Lectureship Series presentations (speakers to be announced), Thursday evening, October 27th, immediately following the reception.
- Additional presentations will be held during the day on Thursday and Friday. (speakers pending)
Stack’s Bowers Galleries will again be presenting an auction session rich in Colonial and Early American coins. The dates, time, and content have not yet been announced, so keep checking back here or visit the Stack’s Bowers website at; StacksBowers.com
2021 C4 National Convention
November 18 – 20, 2021
Would You Like to Receive
A Stack’s Bowers Galleries
Catalog for FREE?
Say the Word!
Stack’s Bowers Galleries will again be presenting an auction session rich in Colonial and Early American coins.
The dates have not yet been announced, so keep checking back here or on the Stack’s Bowers website at; StacksBowers.com
As an esteemed member of the Colonial Coin Collectors Club, you are entitled to a complementary hard copy of the colonial catalog, once it is available.
TO RECEIVE A CATALOG:
Call: 1-800-458-4646 or
The 28th annual C4 Convention is scheduled for November 18 through 20. C4 once again has a full schedule of events planned. It starts with the reception on Thursday evening. Cost to attend is $25 per person, tickets available at the C4 table or at the reception door.
After the reception the doors will open for the the presentation. I can not stress strongly enough how important and interesting these presentations will be.
Note: The Stacks-Bowers Auction will not be held live at the Convention this year due to COVID concerns, however all coins in the sessions will be available for lot viewing during the show. The Friday Night auction has now become an event of four Colonial Happenings in the Camden Room of the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel from 8-11PM.
C4 Convention/Whitman Expo Show Schedule
Public Bourse Floor Hours
Thursday November 18th 12-6PM
Friday November 19th 10AM-6PM
Saturday November 20th 10AM-5PM
C4 Club Table is #711
Please see link below for Bourse Floor Plan
Thursday November 18th at 6:00 PM
Harborside Room at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
$25 tickets available at C4 table or at the Harborside Room Door
2021 C4 Convention Educational Programs:
Thursday evening, November 18: (Sheraton Inner Harbor, Harborside Room)
- 7:30 pm: Dennis Tucker, 75 Years of Colonials in the Redbook
- Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84297550108
- 8:30 pm: Jack Howes, The Making of the New Machin’s Mills Book
- Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81336605880
- 9:30 pm: Randy Clark, Recent Literature for Attributing Connecticut Coppers (1785-1788)
- Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84912635645
In addition, there will be two talks open to the public:
Friday, November 19:
- 2 pm: Jim Glickman, Collecting American Colonials 101 (Room 304, Baltimore Convention Center)
Saturday, November 20:
- 10:30 am: Ray Williams, Collecting Colonial Currency (Room 304, Baltimore Convention Center)
Friday November 19th at 8PM-11PM
The Camden Room at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
All Happenings will occur at the same time. Each group will announce to the room when they are moving on to the next variety, so table hopping is welcomed and encouraged!
New Jersey Coppers
Moderators – Dennis and Mike Wierzba
- Maris 25-S, 26-S, 27-S, 28-S
- Bring one, bring two, bring all four!
Head Left Varieties
- Maris 49-f, 50-f, 51-g
- Again, Bring one, or bring all three!
- Maris 55-m
Moderator – Bruce Smith
- 1786 Varieties Whist Match
- Bring your collection of 1786 Miller Die Varieties.
- Plans for judging will be announced at the event
- Whether you have a few dozen varieties, or just one or two, everyone is welcome to participate!
Machin’s Mills Coppers
Moderator – Jim Rosen
The Following Varieties Will Be Discussed
- 1-47A, 5-74A, 9-76B, 14-84A, 87C Reverses, RR-13 and RR-16
- Bring one, bring all!
British and Irish Counterfeits
Moderator – David Palmer
- Any interesting or new varieties of British and Irish Circulating Counterfeits
- Focus on Simian Counterfeits
Please check with the C4 Table for changes to this schedule.
Additional Hotel Information:
The Whitman Baltimore Coin Show site lists special rate hotels for the show and can be booked thru the site.
The Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel – Recommended for convenience and security. All Social/Educational activities held here.
Hampton Inn Inner Harbor at Camden Yards — a bit of a walk
Days Inn Inner Harbor (not a Whitman listed hotel, but close to the Convention Center)
Stacks Bowers is always looking for colonial consignments.
C4 Members consigning to this auction should inform Stack’s Bowers as such, so that C4 is acknowledged for the consignment.
National Convention Archive
C4 Auction 2012 PRL Stack’s Bowers
No Auction 2011
C4 Auction 2010 PRL M&G – Stack’s
C4 Auction 2009 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 2008 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 2007 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 2006 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 2005 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 2004 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 2003 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 2002 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 2001 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 2000 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 1999 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 1998 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 1997 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 1996 PRL M&G
C4 Auction 1995 PRL M&G